Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- text of the submission, including abstract and key words, conforming to the author's guidelines
- summary or povzetek in Slovene
- contributor data form with warranty: will be sent to the author after a submission is made
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work (see below) after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
By the end of the third year after which a publication appears in Slovene Studies (e.g., the end of 2023 for a 2020 publication), readers have unrestricted open access to it on the journal's website.